Saturday, December 25, 2010

Question of the week 5: Pet Peeve

Welcome to this week’s question of the week. Before getting to the phrase however, Edit-Your-Work would like to wish you all a

For this week, the focus will be on the phrase “pet peeve”, which will be used in the following question:

Question: What are your 3 most annoying pet peeves?

A pet peeve can be defined as a certain behavior from other individuals that one finds annoying, yet what others may find acceptable. Small acts such as not hanging a jacket on a rack, like in the movie Karate Kid, may not bother me, but can irritate a mother who keeps the household tidy.

The three most annoying pet peeves that I have come across include:

1. Finding myself in the situation where a number of friends from a specific country decide to only speak in their language around me, leaving me to guess what they are talking about.

2. Individuals spitting along the path of where I am walking, making me walk cautiously over it.

3. Drivers who keep their car on the fast lane despite no cars being present on the other lanes.

These are my three main pet peeves, although any form of annoyance that you find in a person can be a pet peeve.

Are these also your pet peeves, or do you have other types? Then please leave a comment!

Next week will be the start of the New Year, and thus big celebrations will happen. As such, the next question of the week will be on the 7th of January, 2011. To everybody, have a fabulous New Year’s celebration and may your resolutions come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment